As a national organization, NAPSA is a parent organization to some affiliate organizations. Those affiliates are:
- New Jersey Association of Pupil Services Administrators (NJAPSA) – Date Affiliated: 10/1972
- Ohio Association of Pupil Services Administrators (OAPSA) – Date Affiliated: 10/1972
- Pennsylvania Association of Pupil Services Administrators (PAPSA) – Date Affiliated: 10/1981
- Tri-Area Pupil Services Association, TAPSA
- Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services – Date Affiliated: 10/1976
NAPSA is a member of the of the National Alliance of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (NASISP).
NAPSA collaborates in its advocacy efforts with numerous other national organizations, including but not limited to the National Alliance of Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (NASISP), the National Association of School Nurses (NASN), and the National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE) IDEA Partnership.
In addition, NAPSA has had a longstanding relationship with the UCLA Center for Mental Health in Schools & Student/Learning Supports. Information from the Center is continually disseminated to NAPSA’s members. NAPSA and its members also participate in requests for information by the Center to help advance the effective delivery of pupil services across the nation.